Reading Time: 2 minutes

* How diverse is your existing PLN?

I think PLN is diverse. I usually use many kinds of social media. Social media can build connections between strangers and me, and I can understand the thoughts and opinions of people all over the world. Also in terms of courses, they can also help establish connections between teachers and students. It will bring a lot of convenience to our lives, and it will be more convenient for us to exchange our ideas.

* In your PLN, are you learning from a variety of voices or are you the loudest in the room?

I think in PLN, we can listen to different suggestions and opinions from all aspects, whether it is positive or negative, rather than being the loudest in the room. For different issues, everyone will have their own different opinions. But I am not good at sharing my own opinions, because I don’t know all the fields. I would prefer to listen to the opinions of others. Of course, in my professional field, I will also appropriate some of my own opinions. Because these sharings are not right or wrong, and I admit that there will be people who know this knowledge better than me.

* Do you participate in a silo of information sharing (similar themes or wide-range of interests)?

I think “silo of information sharing” is a gathering place for information, where we can exchange and exchange information, and on this platform, everyone is equal. Different people have different ideas, and I believe that in this way I can learn more from other people in the group. And connect the information with other people. This really helps to expand my personal learning network. This allows you to jump out of a solidified thinking.

* How can you use a diverse PLN to broaden your views of inclusion?

Because on social media, everyone has their own opinions and different life experiences. Through the diversity of PLN, we can experience more unknown worlds. Then I will learn to know more. This will cause me to expand my horizons and become more inclusive.

* In your professional setting of choice, do you think inclusion is actively embraced?

I think that in my professional field, I will actively participate. Although there is no right or wrong to share opinions, there are some areas that I don’t know. If it is in my professional field, I will be more confident when sharing opinions, and I also hope that my opinions can help others.

* What is the learning outcome of your PLN and how are you ensuring your exposure to diversity and inclusion?

Currently for me, PLN is used as a tool to help me understand my field of interest. I am still in the process of learning, and I have not involved more professional knowledge. So I am also trying hard to learn from others. I personally think that I have not achieved diversity and tolerance.

Works Cited:

Moore, Shelley. Five Moore Minutes. “What Are You a Genius at? Getting to Know Our Strengths.” YouTube, uploaded by Shelly Moore, 4 Nov. 2019, www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnWCfapCcVI.

“Shelley Moore – What Is Inclusion?” YouTube, uploaded by POPFASD, 20 Feb. 2017, www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1fbTKYkU4k.