Reading Time: 2 minutes
  • Reflect on your experience in the course, your development of PLN, your use of social media platforms and networked publics. Note any changes in your perspective of social media in professional settings and personal use. Submit a closing blog post about your experience and consider how you can pivot your PLN into your next steps.

Through the study of this class, I have a deeper understanding of online learning. Currently in a society with rapid technological development, it is very common for the public to use the Internet. For example, in the teaching process of this class, each of us will create our own PLN and connect with other social media in the process of expanding it. I think this rapid change is also due to this COVID-19, and students must adapt to the process of autonomous learning. PLN can greatly expand the scope of students’ learning, not just limited to books. They can browse any posts they are interested in, and they can also leave their thoughts on this platform. PLN can also create more social opportunities for them, break the traditional communication model, and enhance the interaction between students. At the same time, it can also achieve better teaching purposes through the exchange of knowledge.

Although it is easy to create a PLN, it is difficult to manage it well. Because PLN is a very open platform, everyone can express their opinions regardless of identity, race, gender, and age. Therefore, the establishment of PLN will also have certain risks. Throughout the course, I was also thinking about how to minimize these risks. First, the user review system is the most critical, so that these users can be managed at the source. Second, browse the content in a timely manner, which means that the published content must be monitored in a timely manner. If there is any violation of the regulations, immediate countermeasures must be taken. Third, ensure that the information published is true.

After finishing the course, I will further apply PLN to my work. It can not only create more job opportunities for me, but also enrich my professional knowledge in the process of work. I have followed a few public figures who I think are very influential in my professional knowledge, so that through my usual accumulation, I can also help in the future. And I can also find many graduates like me on social media, communicate with them about the future direction of work, and get a lot of new insights.

Work Cited

Qualman, Erik. “Chapter 16: Empower Others.” Digital Leader: 5 Simple Keys to Success and Influence, McGraw Hill Professional, 2012.